The IECEx / ATEX / SIL 2 / cCSAus certified Earth-Rite® RTR is the most advanced system for protecting personnel and plant assets from static hazards during road tanker loading and unloading operations.
The Earth-Rite RTR uses patented Tri-Mode Technology to provide safe and reliable grounding of the road tanker by ensuring:
- Positive and verified connection to a road tanker
- Verified low-resistance connection to true earth (ground)
- A continuously monitored tanker-earth connection of less than ten ohms for the duration of the product transfer process
When these parameters are confirmed, the RTR permits the transfer of product. Any static generated on the road tanker by the transfer process is immediately transferred to earth.
The Earth-Rite RTR operates with a universal grounding clamp and does not require any special equipment to be installed on road tankers. It may be used with all common types of bulk tankers without any special modifications.
The Earth-Rite RTR includes:
- Explosion-proof control enclosure incorporating intrinsically safe static ground monitoring interface module
- Ground connection junction box with clamp stowage point and quick-release connector
- Heavy-duty stainless-steel universal grounding clamp with Hytrel™ extendable cable and quick connectors
For more information, please visit http://www.newson-gale.co.uk/ourproducts/earthrite/earth-rite_rtr.asp.