MicroCal PEAQ-DSC automated systems provide sensitive, high throughput protein stability analysis with low sample consumption in an automated, fully integrated platform to facilitate maximum productivity.
Data generated by the MicroCal PEAQ-DSC Automated provide critical guidance for biopharmaceutical development in protein engineering, (pre)formulation development, process development, manufacturing change control and biosimilarity and biocomparability studies.
Unattended operation enables 24-hour screening, while the integrated software streamlines workflows, facilitates non-subjective data analysis, performance qualification and compliance with 21 CFR Part 11 and Annex 11 regulations, all delivering high integrity data and driving productivity in biopharmaceutical research.
Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) is a powerful analytical tool for characterizing the thermal stability of proteins and other biomolecules. The technique measures the enthalpy (ΔH) and temperature (Tm) of thermally induced structural transitions of molecules in solution.
This information provides valuable insights into factors that stabilise or destabilise proteins, nucleic acids, micellar complexes and other macromolecular systems. The data is used to predict shelf-life of biomolecular products, including biopharmaceuticals, to enable batch-to-batch and biosimilar versus innovator molecule comparisons and develop purification strategies.
It can also be utilise to characterise and evaluate protein constructs and rank the affinities of ligands to their protein targets in small molecule drug discovery programs.
The high-throughput, high-sensitivity MicroCal PEAQ-DSC automated system features software that streamlines workflows through simplified experimental setup and flexible instrument scheduling. Automated data analysis supports the generation of high integrity thermal stability data and delivers compliance with regulatory requirements, while allowing easy integration into existing data handling and transfer systems.
- Gold standard stability-indicating technique requiring minimal assay development
- Direct, label-free measurement of biomolecular native-state stability in solution
- Standard 96-well plate format for high capacity and easy loading, with thermostatically-controlled storage of up to 6 plates
- Fully integrated autosampler enables unattended analysis of up to 50 samples per day
- Automated cell filling and cell cleaning functions permit unattended operation
- Measurement of very tight binding constants up to 1020M-1
Powerful MicroCal PEAQ-DSC software minimises typical data analysis time, and includes:
- PEAQ-Compliance: The system is available with Malvern Access Controller (MAC) to limit access to user-defined SOPs and data analysis features. Data can be displayed using the ReportGenerator with user details and the ability to sign using electronic signatures to facilitate the integration of the workflow into your company’s quality system and aid compliance with 21 CFR Part 11 and Annex 11 regulations. This is provided as an optional accessory
- PEAQ-Performance: Automatically detects and validates system readiness for optimal performance
- PEAQ-Smart (including PEAQ-Finder): For SOP-based operation and analysis, providing new algorithms to detect even subtle peaks and shoulders, facilitating the automatic, non-subjective identification of multiple transitions, such as those seen in multi-domain proteins
- PEAQ-Compare: For the quantitative comparison of DSC traces for comparability studies, ideal for batch-to-batch and biosimilarity studies
- Network-ready: email updates sent during the analysis to keep you informed of assay progress
For more information about this product, please contact us via the enquiries form.