Eurotainer launches the second generation of the Eurotainer Global Shared Documents (EGSD) platform. In 2013, Eurotainer released version one of this new platform, accessible through the Eurotainer Extranet.
The tool provides a more efficient communication method between Eurotainer and their clients. The EGSD platform allows Eurotainer and their clients to exchange documents securely and create a repository of these documents via Eurotainer’s secure website.
Now, three years later, Eurotainer is taking advantage of the latest innovations in collaborative business software by transitioning to Microsoft SharePoint as the underlying software. SharePoint is a cloud-based service that empowers the EGSD platform with the highest level of functionality and security in collaboration software. Access to the platform remains unchanged through the Eurotainer extranet.
The new version delivers the following benefits to our clients:
- Importing documents is much easier. One-click uploads reduces the time to post documents to the platform
- Longer time out functionality. No need to log back in when you work on another task and then return to EGSD. All while maintaining the same level of security
- Navigating and opening the documents is faster. No delays in accessing important tank container documents
- No separate platform needed for those clients already using Microsoft SharePoint
- Easy integration with an existing SharePoint application
The EGSD platform reduces email traffic and email server load and creates a single location to store important documents relating to the lease and operation of tank containers.
This collaborative tool allows users from anywhere in the world to access important information at any time, creating efficiencies not realized before. No more lost emails, overburdened email folders and waiting for large files to be delivered through email servers. Users can quickly and easily upload documents and the recipients of the documents are alerted when new documents are posted to the platform. Improved work flows, better visibility of information, and a single repository to view information, leads to benefits for all parties involved.
Eurotainer is using the platform for the delivery, management and storage of repair estimates, test certificates, tank container specifications, monthly reports, on hire surveys, statements of account and other important documents.