With its simple, traditional design and innovative technical solutions, the renewed vacuum piston pump Saurus939 proves its capabilities in areas such as reaction, distillation, drying and crystallisation to ensure the full recovery of solvents extracted.
It features a new LubriZero® system that consists of new materials in PTFE with special charges that, as well as being resistant to corrosion, practically do not require any lubrication and also allow the use of synthetic FDA-approved oil..
In case of common solvents (methylic alcohol, ethylic alcohol, chloroform, acetone, ethyl acetate, methyl chloride, benzene, toluene, isopropylic alcohol, ethyl ether, heptane) and even the most aggressive (hydrochloric acid, acetic acid, chlorobenzene, dimethylformamide, acrylonitrile, dichloroethane, cyclohexane, pyridine, dimethyl sulfoxide, dichloromethane), Saurus939 guarantees:
- Absolute safety for the process and the operators
- Separation between process side and mechanical side
- High-resistance against corrosion
- High-endurance against powders, condensate solvents and secondary products of distillation
- Use without limits in all vacuum range
- Low operation speed (250 rpm)
- Low working temperature
- Installation in dangerous environment
- Long-life and absolute reliability
- Very low operating costs: meaningless oil consumption, low energy consumption, easy and economic maintenance
Saurus 939 range includes single stage and double stage models.
Double stage models are also available:
- With one or two compressor roots in order to increase the pump rotation speed and reach lower final pressures (high vacuum levels)
- In skid version equipped with all the fittings of the pump (atmospheric post-condenser for the recovery of solvents from the pump outlet; condensate recovery tank from the post-condenser outlet; filter mounted on the pump suction side; control panel board with explosion-proof execution support; basement for pump and fittings; vacuum condenser in order to guarantee the recovery of condensation solvents and the right suction conditions of the pump)
Barrel, piston, piston rings and head are made of special anti-acid cast iron.
The other components are made of normal cast iron or special steel and PTFE with special charges.
Pumps are completely sealed whereby they may operate efficiently year after year even in damp and dusty environments.
Moreover the discharge valves with automatic opening towards flow’s outlet are available in various materials even Hastelloy.
Cooling is by air for all types.
Nominal flow rate: from 80 to 3,800 m³/hr.
Vacuum: from 7 to 0.03 mbar.
ATEX certification until zone 0
Saurus939 complies also to ATEX norms.
In its standard model, CE ex II 2 G T4, it is suitable for an area classified as Zone 1 Gas and Temperature Class T4 (135° C).
In special models the vacuum pump is suitable for zone ‘0’ internal-gas, zone ‘1’ external-gas with three different classes of temperature T4 (135° C) / T 150° C / T3 (200° C), depending on operation conditions.
Not only incomparable performances with meaningless oil consumption and absolute reliability over time, with severe operative conditions. A recent analysis of the Material Science and Chemical Engineering Department of Politecnico di Torino also certifies the purity of the final product produced using the vacuum pump Saurus939 in the drying process.
In the cited analysis three dryer-condenser-vacuum pump configurations were considered, each corresponding to the three different Saurus939 vacuum pump models VVB, VVC and VVD. In addition different vacuum levels were examined, in order to investigate all the range of working conditions from 1mbar to 100mbar.
Under these conditions the mass of oil reaching the condenser in 24 hours (a typical operation time) was calculated for every vacuum level: the obtained values were absolutely negligible and below any level of analytical detection. This result indicates that during a working cycle neither a single molecule of oil can go back from the pump to the condenser, and then to the dryer.